Monday, March 3, 2014

LIFE CHANGES

Well since my last post about starting over again with my riding, things have really changed direction. I think life involves cycles and chapters so after the being single chapter, getting married, having children, having horses chapters this next chapter in my life completes the circle. With all the children in our life being grown and on their own, my husband and I are faced with just us again. We want to put us at the forefront so we have decided to commit to doing more things together and becoming closer. Over the years with family and work commitments, your relationship takes a hit and some people find it hard to be together and commit to one another once they become empty nesters.I have a few couples in my life that have faced this and have ended their relationships as they don't know how to be with each other any more. We both knew that my days of snowmobiling were over so my husband sold his sleds, which was a big decision for him as he has had snowmobiles all his life. We bought a larger touring boat for big open water and have enjoyed cruising and exploring Lake of The Woods, the Whiteshell in Manitoba and great experiences in BC. We also bought a Yamaha Rhino and are looking forward to riding together and exploring this summer. We also hope to take more extended vacations each year giving us more opportunity to travel and explore this great country. Now to my life changing decision. It is becoming harder and harder to ride my horse which hasn't happened in two years and even more difficult to just spend time with them. They deserve more and it is an expense that I just cannot justify and since my husband doesn't ride it was something I always did solo so I have decided to sell my horses and all my extra tack and concentrate more on looking to our retirement together instead of each going separate ways. I will still enjoy the horsey scene as my daughter is heavily into show jumping and I will always be the "Groom" or surrogate Trainer when needed and even though I won't  physically own horses; it

 doesn't mean I loose all my horsey friends, I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life and getting to know "my best friend" all over again.

3 comments:

aurora said...

What a tough decision to make. Life is about changes, whether we like it or not. It's guaranteed. It takes a lot of courage and soul searching to know when to make a life change, and embrace it. Definitely not easy. Best wishes as you move forward to the next chapter of your life. Will look forward to reading about your experiences & travels.

Crystal said...

Tough choice for sure, but sounds like you thought it out and its the right one for you.

C-ingspots said...

Good for you! I sometimes dream about having less horses for sure, but can't really imagine having none at all. I agree about the big expense, and probably someday will go the same route as you two are. I agree, life is about constant change, and this time is for the two of you to be footloose and fancy free. Enjoy!!